Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Day 28

I really need to get back to doing this earlier in the day. I am a huge procrastinator but even tonight when I had determined in my head that the best thing to do would be to just go to bed (after all I am a Mommy with many demands on my time and I practically wasted my evening, I should get some sleep) I couldn't go a day without pursuing God in His Word. That is a gift, a miracle of God. I feel like it doesn't really count because I know that I would have felt guilty and wouldn't be able to sleep if I didn't read the Word and that was my motivation, not love. On the other hand, Praise God that I couldn't go a day without reading His Word even after I spent an hour under my husbands teaching. That is a supernatural change in me.

I am reading Ruth now. This is another grace from Judges. Ruth begins with, "In the days when the judges ruled..." Then follows an amazing story of grace and redemption. A hero who comes in and rescues a damsel in distress. So beautiful and so stirring because it is a shadow of Christ. I am the damsel hanging over the pit of Hell and He is my hero, rescuer who gives His life to redeem me. No wonder I love a self sacrificing, happy ending story like Ruth, it points to a love story more true then any man can make up.

No comments:

Post a Comment