Monday, November 28, 2011

Day 26

My head hurts and I am going to bed but before I do I will share a thought. While I was reading Psalm 102 and Acts 22 Tommy was listening to a lecture in the background. This is a professor at Yale who teaches a class on Hebrew Bible Literature. It is fascinating, glorious and infuriating all at the same time. She said something tonight that particularly caught my attention because of how true it is. In reference to the seeming inconsistencies of the Old Testament she said, "this is a record of a civil war between Israel and herself." How true is that? Paul brings this up specifically in the New Testament. A life of faith, pursuit of God and trust in Christ IS a lifelong civil war with oneself. Praise God that the outcome is secure!

No comments:

Post a Comment