Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 14

Psalm 96:2 "Sing to the Lord, bless his name; tell of his salvation from day to day."

I have been surrounded to day with articles, blogs, songs, videos, even bumper stickers that encourage me to take every moment and every action captive. Redeem it for God's glory in order to tell of his salvation with my actions, attitude and life choices because whatever I do...matters.

We are going into a crazy time of year and I can feel the anxiousness creeping in again. Today was almost my first "fail". I got in the car this afternoon to leave for the rest of the evening and realized there had been no time in the word yet and little time or opportunity for it later. I had to decide to leave the anxiety causing "things" until tomorrow and spend my evening with the Lord even though the anxiety increased at first. This is precious quiet productive time but there is nothing else I could do that would be more productive then to seek the Lord.

I am always amazed at how often I have to counsel myself into right thinking and it is going to get more difficult over the next two months. Many, many deadlines and late nights. I could really use your prayers during this time. I want to "be" and not "do" and celebrate Christ's birth even though there is much that needs to be done. Lord, give me the discernment to know what is a true need.

No comments:

Post a Comment