Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 10

Today I read Judges 4 and 5. Unfortunately it was rushed, not very quiet or focused but I did it. That in itself got me to thinking, pondering what I am doing again. On the one hand it is very good to persevere and keep going even when it is hard and less then ideal. I am building habits, forming a routine that is very important. There is nothing else that should be more regular, even vital to my day then time with God. On the other hand a routine is not the only reason why I should be doing this. My motivation needs to be love, adoration, worship...a desire to know God more intimately every time I open His word. This is something that I cannot fabricate or conjure up by trying hard. It is my prayer that God will change my heart to be a Mary and not a Martha. I am afraid that even in my efforts to be more like Mary I am going about it in a Martha way. Crazy huh?

Lord, help me to know you, see you and rejoice in you every time I open your word.

1 comment:

  1. "I am afraid that even in my efforts to be more like Mary I am going about it in a Martha way." Story of my life! Not crazy at all!!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete