Saturday, November 26, 2011

Day 24

I am still working through this Judges stuff. I love it but it is hard. There are times when I think, "why am I working through this? Why does this matter? No one is going to know or care if you just keep going and don't search out your answers." These thoughts then lead to lies about how unimportant I am, or how unimportant Scripture, like this is to me and my life. Or thoughts like, it is not applicable therefore I don't need to figure it out. Or the idea that I am an uneducated stay-at-home mom and can get by without knowing any deep truths from Judges 19. These are tactics of the Enemy that I need to fight. "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16-17 The question again is, do I believe what God has said? Do I believe ALL SCRIPTURE is God breathed? YES! What about profitable for teaching, reproof, correction and training in righteousness? ...yes. I guess I need to keep pursuing the answers to my questions in Judges.

Don't worry, God is answering. I have had some great conversation today, helping to process through what this passage says about God and man. I also found a sermon series from a group that I trust, through the book of Judges. I am excited to dig deeper. I'll keep you informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment