Friday, November 4, 2011

Day 2

Today was fairly easy. With the added pressure of knowing the "world" was watching I was able to chose to wait until nap time to sit down and read and pray today. I say chose because I debated in my head all last night and this morning if I should try and get this done first thing in the morning or wait until nap time when I knew that I would be feeling the need for renewal. Being at home with four kids 7 and under brings out selfishness, impatience, and harsh words and today was no exception. By nap time I had already corrected the children many times and corrected myself by asking for forgiveness. Renewal and grace sounded beautiful, however I think that from now on I will attempt to "seek first His Kingdom." (perhaps I will find the need and desire to seek him more then once in a day)

In January I started reading through the Bible in a year...on someone else's ambitious plan. I don't have to tell you that I am not on track to finish December 31 BUT I have continued on a similar format on a much slower pace and am loving it. Today I read Joshua 18, Psalm 87, and Acts 8. It has been exciting and fascinating to see the connections throughout the entirety of Scripture. To sum up, it all points to Jesus and when reading the New Testament with the Old Testament it becomes all that more clear. I love the Word and how He gives illumination!

On a convicting note, Simon the magician is a huge warning to my heart. Lord, may I never forget how deep and sinful sin is and how a depraved heart can twist even the desire for good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment