Saturday, November 19, 2011

Day 17

We have been listening to Steven Curtis Chapman's new album re:creation all day. The first song, Do Everything, I linked to in an earlier blog. It has been such a blessing to me. It helps to remind me that there are no tasks in my day or words that I say that are meaningless. It helps to remind me of 1 Corinthians 10:31, that whatever I am doing it is to be done for the glory of God.

I'm not exactly sure how this all works but listening to that song and the others on the album that are along those same thoughts kept my mind focused. Keeping focused on Who I am serving helps to make work light and joyful. We cleaned house today and it was very pleasant, no it was even fun. The baby girls were taking a nap and the rest of us worked together on the same projects: scrubbing toilets, washing dishes, cleaning windows, and walls, vacuuming and sweeping. Side by side, singing and talking and sometimes even laughing. In the interest of full discloser there were some tears and reminders about attitudes and being thankful for what we have as opposed to mad at what we don't have BUT as a whole it was a joyful time. Praise the Lord!

God is transforming my heart and attitude little by little to see life more and more His way. Now, to remember when I start to freak out again!

Check out SCC new album. It is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment