Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Random, disjointed thoughts

I am not sure what to say today. I am really full of random thoughts.

I am blessed to have my children at home with me. It is a blessing to not be confined to another persons schedule. Days like today it is difficult though because there is no one else to motivate you. When you are sad, indifferent, apathetic, even depressed there is no one there to excite you to action and encourage you in perseverance.

I would much rather bake, crochet, garden, and read then sweep, wash dishes, fold clothes or put things away.

I am discouraged still. I know many of the true and right answers I just don't seem to believe them...at least I don't cling to them like I should.

The most encouraging thing I read today...what has stuck with me all day is Ephesians 4:8, "...“When he ascended on high he led a host of captives and he gave gifts to men.”

There was a lovely vision of captives, prisoners set free, following Christ to Heaven in my mind...and I am one of them. That is all there is and all I have when details are muddeled here on earth.

It's not as bad as it sounds...just dark in this tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment