Wednesday, May 9, 2012

And He is still good!

Long night, waking at every stirring from the other room but God is still good. My wonderful husband read Scripture to me this morning as I made breakfast. Providentially our "assigned" reading for the day was from 1 Corinthians 12 and 13. What a great reminder about what love is and who it is from (God).

Christian stayed home from school with a painful tummy and a mild fever. Knowing that this was going to spread through everyone in the house was surprisingly comforting. I was not worried about the house or chores or school. We did what we could and didn't push it hard. The kids watched tv and we all took a nap together...which ended with another child vomiting all over the floor...but God is still good.

I was reminded that children need their Mommy when they are sick. I stopped the day and sat down and we all watched a movie TOGETHER. Yes, I stopped "doing" and sat with the kids talking through what was going on in the movie and enjoying sitting with everyone...trash buckets, sheets and paper towels included. God is so good!

It was a restful day inasmuch as I knew clearly what God had for me today. It was not an effort to get as much done as I could but a peace to know that I am THE MOM and I need to take care of these kids. When they are healthy and obnoxious and there is another legitimate something that needs to happen then I can take time to consider what would best glorify God, to send them to their rooms to play or read quietly or not, but today there was lots of prayer but no debate. Today there was lots of work but no worry. It was a good day, a hard day but a good day of resting in His will for the day and being at peace with His calling. He is good.

*BTW - thank you for all the prayers, I know they played a part in the lack of struggle today.

No comments:

Post a Comment