Monday, May 21, 2012

It's all about Him

I read through Galatians today. What a great reminder that I am justified through faith by the work of Jesus Christ and that it is not anything I did or can do or will do. It is very encouraging because I quickly get sucked into the lie that because I know Christ, because I am redeemed, that now I need to obey the law and live worthy. There can be argument made that this is true that now I have the power to live in obedience to Christ but what I am talking about is different. This is the double guilt that comes from seeing my sin and beating myself up because I am better then that. I have been chosen therefore I should live rightly...instead of boasting in my weakness and praising God and glorifying Him through the constant reminders that sin gives...this is ALL HIM. All His work. All His grace.

I look forward to sharing with you in the near future more specifics about how and through what means God is doing this in my life right now. Until then I will keep boasting in His goodness. He is giving peace as we wait on the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment