Friday, May 18, 2012

Little Boxes, Big God

God is so good! He is sustaining me through a trail that would have devastated me only a couple years ago. I know that is true because we have gone through similar struggles and were crushed. Not so anymore. Now, it is still difficult and it is still a war to fight for joy and faith and to fight against fear and bitterness but it is a war that God is granting victory in. See, I told you He was good.

That is why it makes me so sad that I forgot to read my Bible today. I thought about it many times. I said to myself that I would do it as soon as ________ was done. Then at 10:30 after a very frustrating game of Scrabble I sat down to write this blog and realized the day was gone.

I actually take this as a reminder that God's sustaining power comes from HIM...not what I do. Being in the Word is good and I hate that I went through a day and blew it off BUT it's not about me and what I do or don't do. There is power in His Word, yes, but the Holy Spirit lives in me and His grace covers me...even when I don't "do" what I should do. My day was full of Scripture that has been written in my heart to remind me of the truth and to battle lies that filled my head all day long.

I can only stand here (yes, I stand when I type) and be amazed and grateful for His power and His ways that are so much bigger then the box my little brain has for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment