Thursday, May 10, 2012

Dig

Well, today was an interesting day. The beginning was filled with Mommy and Papa being sick and sleeping the morning away. Praise God for His blessing of the three middle children playing well together while we suffered with this bug. Praise God also that this is a very fast issue. By the early afternoon we were back to our normally scheduled program though maybe a little slower pace.

This evening was great! Leisure bath for the kids. Baking for a big dinner tomorrow...I love doing that kind of thing. The kids went to bed early and quickly. Tommy was writing a blog...that left me alone for about an hour in quietness. How sweet. So I opened up my Bible and read:

1 Corinthians 14

Seriously?!!? "Pursue love, and earnestly desire the spiritual gifts, especially that you may prophesy" What in the planet does that mean? I am now in a bit of a situation. To continue on my schedule of reading the New Testament in a year OR pause and figure out what is up with that chapter. The answer is really obvious: if you don't get it (Scripture), dig, those Truths are gold and so worth it. I am going to make an attempt to keep going AND dig at the same time. We'll see how that goes. I know the digging will be good stuff but I'm not sure about the continuing of the schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment