Wednesday, May 2, 2012

God is faithful

Today something a little strange happened. Everything started out fine. I woke up early and read the Word...always a great way to start the day. Breakfast was ready when the kids got up and Christian was off to school on time. We enjoyed the benefits of homeschooling by reading lots and lots of books together and drawing and coloring. It was peaceful and quiet and very enjoyable. Around 11 I decided to let the kids play downstairs while I folded laundry. That is when I was suddenly overcome with a sense of meaninglessness, depression and hopelessness. I couldn't get away from it. I sent a text to Tommy asking for prayer and put on theologically deep music and started to work on lunch. I had to physically get up from the couch so I would not give into the desire to curl up in bed and cry myself to sleep. I was still struggling, weeping as a chopped veggies and feeling like everything was pointless. When the screams of children fighting started filling the air I sent out texts to more people asking for prayer. The responses were encouraging, full of Scripture and good counsel and I know that there were many prayers along with them. How do I know? After an hour of fighting this opression by renewing my mind with Truth and right thinking, praying, having others pray for me and not giving into the desire to stop everything and give into despair the darkness lifted just as suddenly as it came. The kids stopped fighting, lunch was ready and everything was back to"normal". I was then exauhsted from the fight and had to take a nap but that isn't too out of the ordinary. I am not sure what is going on with all of that BUT I do know that God worked today. He did not fail in His promise to strengthen me and through the prayers of my brothers and sisters whatever was going on, stopped. I am continually amazed at how good God is and am encouraged to see Him work His faithful promises.

25  Now to him who is able to strengthen you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery that was kept secret for long ages 26 but has now been disclosed and through the prophetic writings has been made known to all nations, according to the command of the eternal God, to bring about the obedience of faith— 27 to the only wise God be glory forevermore through Jesus Christ! Amen. -Romans 16

No comments:

Post a Comment