Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day 81

Yes, I know it has been a while since I posted. I am not slack on my personal worship but I am a bit tired. It is exhausting to constantly be examining what God is doing in my life and then sharing it with all of you. I want to be an encouragement but I am just plain tired. I read this quote today on Facebook from John Piper: Bacon born 1561.Reading makes a full man; conference a ready man; writing an exact man. Essays free: http://dsr.gd/yxhiko.  I want to glorify God better by being more specific, purposeful, and clear but I am getting lost in the details and checklists of my mind and heart. I need to also enjoy and experience God's work and my family. Therefore I will take a break (no more then a week) to pray and renew my cup so I can overflow on y'all.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great quote! So true. I experience the same issues of wanting to be specific and purposeful, but find myself worn out and wanting to take the easy road. Our pastor reminded us this week that we live in our new "houses" by faith, abandoning the weak old structure and living in the power and strength of God's new creation in us by exercising our faith.
    Thanks for your honesty...Michelle Cameron

    ReplyDelete