Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 75

Well, it happened. I missed a day for the first time. Granted I was so sick that Sunday morning I pulled myself out of bed late, sent my kids up to church, took a shower, got dressed, put on make up and sent Anna to bed, took off all my jewelry and my shoes and went right back to bed. I slept until about 3 in the afternoon when I got up and made did a little work around the house. I certainly had time to read the Bible but somehow kept thinking that I would do it when I went back to bed. Going back to bed was accompanied by a severe sinus headache, medication and pleading for sleep. I was very disappointed when I woke today and realized what had happened. Now I am off to read Matthew 18 and 19 for the day and try to get back to bed.

*On a confession note-do not think highly of me because I have thrown a huge tantrum in my heart tonight. Tommy is working on school and so I had agreed to let him study. Of course it was 7:50 and I still needed to put the kids to bed, do the dishes, change a load two loads of laundry, read the Bible, sign up the kids for some online programs, crochet some orders and episode 2 of Downton Abbey is up now. Clearly this was a ridiculous and selfish outburst in my heart as there is a very obvious order of priorities versus desires in that list of "have to's".

Now, I am off to the study of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment