Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 62

God often uses my children to show sin and grace. Tonight one of the children was confronted with their sin. It was heart wrenching to watch the battle ensue. They knew they were a sinner and freely admitted it but defended the specific sinful actions as being misunderstood, adamantly.

As Tommy took over the situation I sat back and reflected and repented for my sin in the situation and for how I was tempted to do the same thing. I know I am a wretched, vile sinner...I know what is deep within me...and yet the Word says in Jeremiah, "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can understand it?" I struggle to defend myself in my own heart because I am the parent. I am right and this child should not argue with me.

Now, I don't really believe that and I went and I asked for forgiveness for exasperating the situation but it is only by God's grace that I am able to see the truth about me...that I deceive myself. It makes Christ so much more precious to me, to know that He can see rightly how wicked I am...better then I can see, and still forgives and then rescues me from myself. Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God.

No comments:

Post a Comment