Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 76

In an effort to continue to battle my sin I listened to a great sermon on the Word of God, working in me. So encouraging and convicting! I guess I should say that since I ended up in a heap of tears on the couch exhausted by my efforts to be perfect to gain a pain free life, it was more on the convicting side. (Thank you Lord, for a kind and patient husband to not laugh at the ridiculousness of my sin but to graciously encourage me back to the Gospel and Truth)

It is good that I am in the Word every day but I need to also commit His word into my heart so that it is there for me to draw on when I am faced with the battle. As we all know that doesn't normally happen when I am sitting down, quietly studying the Word. So here is the plan that Bethlehem Baptist Church uses and one that I am seriously looking into. I would like to do this because these are verses that help to battle specific sins with specific promises. As Piper says in his sermon a "specific, tailor made, BLOOD BOUGHT promise." I need those more readily at my disposal.

No comments:

Post a Comment