Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 77

There is so much to learn and then to re-learn. I continue to make the same mistakes and sins and then have to learn again, God's Truth. Today was a day of little victories: enjoying the children, not sweating the small stuff, time for everything in it's "right" order and yet as I sat down tonight I remembered that this was the same feelings and thoughts that I had when I started this journey a few months ago. How do I forget so quickly? How does my heart deceive me so completely? I am so grateful for God's patience and His grace! Tonight in youth group we talked about Samuel and one of the girls asked why God didn't make Samuel hear His voice the first three times He called. I know there is a deeper reason that only God knows but I am sure that one reason is so that I will continue to trust Him and know that He is patient. I sure don't hear God as often as He speaks to me. Humbled by my sin and so grateful for Jesus Christ's righteousness!

No comments:

Post a Comment