Friday, June 1, 2012

Anna

There have been a lot of things going on today and this week. Choices about the future. A death (Tommy's grandfather). A birth (a friend's first). More soul searching questions: how do I express my anger and "punish" those around me? How does the Gospel and Christ's sacrifice apply to the offenses of other people, my anger, and my response? Interesting stuff that I could go into BUT I'm not going to because tomorrow is my babies birthday and I want to talk about her!

Two years ago I was in the hospital in labor with Anna. Her birth was the best and worst all at the same time. Medically I was freaked out because of the drugs they used for inducing, my sugar level problems and the fact that during the entire pregnancy I was very depressed and had a difficult time taking care of my body. There was great blessing in this though. I knew that this baby, my Anna, was in God's hands and God's care. I knew that for all of my children but I understood this in a new and real way because of my lack of ability to do more for us.

Anna has continued to be a delight to all of us. When she arrived perfect, healthy and we brought her home she was content. She still is. Content to be with the crowd, watch the crowd, enjoy the crowd. Never in a hurry and not one for extremes she is sweet and happy.

Yes, there is always the knowledge and awareness that she has a sinful nature but you couldn't ask for a better "#5." A snuggler. Curly hair. Chubby cheeks. A love. Who really is just happy to be with us.

Thank you Lord for Anna. I pray that she will grow to be a woman who, like her namesake, will serve you with prayers and fasting and when she sees Jesus she too will begin "giving thanks to God, and continue to speak of Him to all those who were looking for the redemption of Jerusalem." Grant her faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment