Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Day 56

Here we are again and it is way too late to be doing this. God still blesses though and I read a little more of God's faithfulness to His people in 1 Samuel. It is very encouraging for me to see the horrible sinfulness and seeming hopelessness of the priests Hophni and Phinehas because of God's quiet redemption going on in the background. A boy, Samuel. He came from a barren womb (here is a pattern that I would like to talk more about later) and is quietly serving and growing up, dedicated to God. Nothing else mattered to his mother but that he belong to the Lord. I say this is encouraging because the everyday craziness and sometimes hopelessness and often unrecognized hardships that happen on a regular basis have meaning and purpose because of God's plan for me and my children. He is quietly working through me to bring about His glory, starting with those 5 that I have the most influence over. Even in the most tired and bleak moments of parenting and life in general God has already purposed His plan of redemption. Ultimately in the sacrifice and resurrection of Jesus Christ but also in types and shadows...like Samuel.

No comments:

Post a Comment