Sunday, December 11, 2011

Day 39

It is very interesting to me that I can read a part of Scripture and have no memory of ever reading it before. I have not read through the entire Bible as many times as I would like but I know I have done it more then once. There are also certain books within the Bible that I have read over and over and yet I think that one way Hebrews 4:12 proves to be true is that God allows certain portions of Scripture to convict or encourage us while letting other parts slip from our minds quickly after they are read. God knows when a part of another is more appropriate and applicable then another. I am not saying that sometimes Scripture is not appropriate or that it is not profitable at times but that God in His infinite wisdom knows when and what to emphasis depending on our situation, suffering, joy or maturity. 

I am not sure what all that has to do with what I read tonight but I am telling you I know I have read Acts before. I also am very aware that Paul was shipwrecked on his way to Rome. I did not know there was such a detailed account in Scripture. It is captivating, reading more like a suspense novel then instruction. Suspenseful yet also not since God's sovereignty is clearly evident throughout Paul's life and this journey in particular.

Being reminded of God's graceful guidance of Paul through this time is encouraging to me and also a little frustrating. I know that God has my steps planned and that He is guiding me. Sometimes though when there is a decision that needs to be made, I wish His guidance was a little more clear. I praise Him that I have a God-fearing husband to make these decisions with and will continue to act in faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment