Monday, December 12, 2011

Day 40

I read Psalm 104 tonight and now I cannot get Fernando Ortega's "Creation Song" out of my head. I am going to post a link for you to hear it. I wish that I could just play the song for you but I am not gifted enough to make that happen. This video is the best that I can do. 

I am feeling the panic of all that needs to be done creeping up again. It seems to always be there, crouching like a lion ready to pounce as soon as my guard is down. I want to give in so badly and quite literally FREAK OUT! I want to stay up all night so that I can work on my projects. I want to forget everything else in the house: laundry, dishes, meals, school etc and just put one movie after another on for the kids and work on my stuff BUT God is good and He has allowed me not to give into those urges. He has been so gracious to keep me calm, trusting in Him and in my husband to know when too much work has been done and it is time to go to bed. He has been good to keep me in His word and therefore meditating on it and praying as I crochet. I do not think that it would honor Him to forget everything else to try to impress someone who is buying my work and that is from God because my fear of man can be crippling at times. 

Please pray that God will sustain me and keep me peacefully trusting Him. Please pray also that He would be honored to bless me with the ability to accomplish the projects that I have taken on and that I will do them well, to His glory.


1 comment:

  1. I totally feel you on this one Helen! I am going through the exact same thing right now. I have so many hats/scarves to make and I just want to do it and get it all done. But, my house is lacking, my kids will be gone all week (including Christmas morning for the first time in their lives) next week and need my attention, and I have finals this week. I am wearing myself into the ground, to the point it isn't even fun anymore. I will pray for you, I just ask that you do the same for me. I miss and love you so much! <3 Felicia Burton

    ReplyDelete