Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Day 34

Well, a little better planning today, I have ten minutes. I have been meditating on 1 Samuel 1 all day. It is just amazing. Hannah has no children and in her culture that is shameful (something we don't understand in our culture). It is so upsetting/depressing to her that when she pleads with the Lord to open her womb Eli thinks she is drunk. She was fully fixed on the Lord because she knew He was the only one who could rescue her from her shame. I am just in awe of her worship/faith/desperation in Him. When Eli realizes his mistake he essentially grants her request and immediately Hannah is no longer depressed...she has complete faith. If this was not beautiful enough the story continues. God grants her request for a son and Hannah with determination weans Samuel for service to the Lord. I always think that this is a horribly sad and unfortunate sacrifice that Hannah has to make, to take Samuel to serve in the temple. This was the first time that I noticed that not only was Hannah not sad but she WORSHIPED God when she brought Samuel to the temple. She worshiped Him because in giving her Samuel He had saved her, SAVED her from her shame. It was a joy to give back to Him the gift He had give her. I want faith and perspective like that! I can't wait for Hannah's prayer tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment