Friday, April 27, 2012

Long day, good day

Today was Project Faith for Christian and me. Faith Christian School students send out support letters to raise funds for the gap between operating costs for the school and what is brought in by tuition. I was able to volunteer to work with Christian at the Rescue Mission downtown. It was a good but hard day. Christian was excited and joyful as he worked and his classmates were too. I learned about the work that they do there and was able to get to know his teacher and some other parents.

The day began for me at 6:30 and I was working with Christian by 9. We scrubbed base boards and walls , stairwells and fences. We finished and came back to the school about 12:30 and the students played on the field for a celebration enjoying inflatable games, cotton candy and pizza. I would have liked to join him but God's agenda again ordains my way. Tommy graciously gave up study time to watch the kids while I was with Christian so he came to pick me up right away and I dropped him off at the library. Then started the craziness. Lack of food and tiredness aggrivated my headache but the kids and I went home to pick up library books to return, get a snack, and grab a few more items needed for errands. Two dirty, very dirty diapers, and 30 minutes later we piled back into the van to go pick up Christian. Then we headed off to the library to check out books, pick up Tommy and finish our errands.

It was busy. It was crazy and I hardly had time to think. I had started the day off right though, in Romans and in prayer, knowing today would be rough. God blessed again, as he always does! We came home at 4:45 and I laid down for 30 minutes. When I woke up the dishes were done and kitchen was clean. The kids were playing happily outside and there was peace in our home. Dinner turned out well and we enjoyed a quiet, restfull night at home. The kids finished picking up as a requirment for a Friday night movie.

A very BIG THANK YOU to my dear husband for his hard work today and enabling me to get out and serve outside our home.

God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment