Saturday, April 14, 2012

Bought by blood


Today, I was reading in Acts 20 and came upon a phrase that I love. Paul is preaching and exhorting the elders of the church to watch over the flock, the church of God, "which he obtained with his own blood." I love the truth that is communicated in that phrase. When I my second baby was born God began to show me how much I love sleep, too much. Morning would come after a night of multiple feedings and I would be angry with the world and God. In His graciousness He gave me a verse, I used it as a chant each morning to motivate me to get out of bed. 
 "19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, 20  for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body." 

I used it more out of guilt then love though. Jesus Christ gave up His life for me the least I could do is get up and serve my family.  

The Truth has stayed with me, growing with my knowledge of Him. He paid a great price for me. He obtained me, with his own blood. The truth is beautiful and I have enjoyed meditating on it and worshiping Him today because of the love shown through the price paid, for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment