3 cups Gluten-Free Old Fashioned Oats
1 Can Full-fat Coconut milk
Toppings: Maple syrup, butter, raw seeds and nuts, unsweetened coconut flakes, craisins, dried apricots
Pour the can of coconut milk into a large bowl (I use the large Pampered Chef batter bowl since it also doubles as a large measuring cup) and add the egg. Fill bowl with water until you have reached six cups of liquid. Beat with a whisk, making sure to blend the milk, egg and water well.
Pour liquid into a medium sized pot and heat just to boil. Add three cups of oats and cook to desired consistency.
Serve and top with your favorite toppings!
- String cheese (and dairy free cheese for Betsy)
- Gluten-free fruit snacks (I have pinned a few natural fruit snack recipes that I am looking forward to trying in the near future)
- GF Pepperoni
- Frozen veggies
- Tea/Lemonade or Juice
- Chicken, Bacon and Apple Salad (with spinach/lettuce mix from the garden, a Fuji apple, celery, bell pepper, chicken from Polyface farm, and nitrate free bacon)
- Dressing for salad - I blended 2/3 cup Raw cider vinegar, 1 1/3 cup light olive oil, 1 TB mustard, fresh parsley, 4 cloves garlic, 1/4 onion, salt and pepper)
- Cheese and Gluten-free crackers (we found these at Sam's club and love them!)
keep increasing...92 tomorrow. I will be so sad when we can't just go outside and grab what we need. Must remember to start earlier next year and plant more!