Saturday, July 21, 2012

Done with this week!

WooHoo! Tommy is home, but what an amazing week! So many opportunities to see God's goodness and His sovereign work in our lives. 


Monday did not start out so well. You can read about that here if you need a refresher. The rest of the week was so much better and so much crazier all at the same time. 


I really don't want to be loaded down with the details of what happened during the week because that is not the important thing, the amazing thing however in order to grasp the magnitude from my perspective I'll give you some highlights:

  • 9 children 10 and under for 18 hours at my house
  • I don't sleep well when Tommy is not here therefore never more then 6 hours a night and always interrupted
  • Making a pinata the entire week, three layers a day
  • Grown-up girl birthday party
  • Normal life with 5 kids
There was a list, an idea in my head of what we were going to do this week and God changed just about all of it.

  •  My friend and I watched one movie together instead of one a night. 
  • We cleaned house on Friday instead of Monday and we never made it to the basement
  • I did not crochet anything, ever, let alone finish a project
  • I was exhausted the entire week, instead of rested and lazy
All of things were wonderfully okay though. I have been praying for God to use me...to really shake up my life and use me in ways that my family was able to make healthy sacrifices and show love for others. He did that this week. I was able to often and continually let go of my agenda and embrace His. I did not have a meltdown in a week of situations that in the past would have sent me over the edge into freak out land. In fact, though I did not spend consistent time in the Word (something I am sad about) and though I did sin often, I lived in trust of God and His goodness and sovereignty every day. Taking naps when I felt like I should continue working because I wanted to display the fruit of the Spirit more then I wanted a clean house. 

I am glad the week is over. I am glad that my husband is back. I am thankful that no one is sick and that tomorrow is the Lord's day. I am thankful for friends who helped get everything ready for tomorrow so that we can celebrate Daniel after we worship and fellowship together. It was a good week because God is a good God and His work is so evident but I am thankful to go to bed and be done with this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment