Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Whatever

To be honest Anna has been doing great, but I haven't. I have used this huge interruption to my weekly schedule as an excuse to be "off" all week. I don't like that I am that way but there it.

I am constantly struggling with the battle between doing too much and being lazy. Constantly fighting to get things done or just being with my children. When you add in prepping for school to begin again, a trip to the ER, and throw in some potty training and a few hormonal roller coasters the fight is even more difficult.

Tonight was our weekly youth group meeting and Tommy asked the students what they wanted to improve at in their spiritual life. My answer is simple. WHATEVER...I want to improve at " So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." If I read a book: TO THE GLORY OF GOD. If I clean the bathroom: TO THE GLORY OF GOD. If I color a picture with a child, make dinner, sweep the floor, give a reading lesson WHATEVER: TO THE GLORY OF GOD.

However, I know that to do so requires enthralled love with my Savior and King and that is not something that I can devise on my own. This comes from the Lord. I can feed it though...it is certainly easier to think of the Lord when I have been reading about Him, talking to or about Him, listening to others talk or sing about Him. 

So here is to feeding myself and pleading with God to grow that love. Here is to knowing that I cannot do it (fill in the blank) right and resting in the FACT: JESUS ALREADY DID!

No comments:

Post a Comment