Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Another school year

School has started again. With this time of year comes some of the same old struggles I often have. I schedule, so that I can fit everything in that I prayerfully have come to the conclusion needs to be in our day. Next, I become militant about keeping our schedule so that we can fit in everything that I have ordained will be in our day. Finally, I rebel against my own schedule, feeling guilty the entire time I am rebelling because I know that I am only rebelling against my own standards. I still feel confined, restricted and just plain bored.

At least, this is the usual cycle of the school year.

This year has been a little different. God has been working in me. I know that He always is working in me but I have seen some significant changes and that is exciting. I still scheduled out our days so that we can be effective with our time, good stewards of what God has given us. The difference so far is that I am not militant. It is still a battle. I want to be a drill sergeant and I am tempted to freak out when I forget to turn on my alarm and the day begins 45 minutes behind schedule. The Lord is helping me to resist...there is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus...and move on from where we are.

I am also seeking help and have been given the perspective needed, to not be frantic and guilty. If I choose to let the kids play with the neighbor instead of make them do school work then I am committed to my decision. It is my decision and there is nothing wrong with it. No reason to fret about getting behind or feel bad because we should be doing something else. If we should be doing that other stuff then I need to make the decision to do it.

Anyway, I think I am babbling now. God is good and He is blessing the beginning of this school year in so many ways. To give this perspective amidst two ER visits, and other less serious injuries, birthdays and ministries. He is blessing and I am humbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment