Thursday, March 29, 2012

Boasting in the Lord

Tonight I have a little story of praise to our Lord. I often feel overwhelmed. With five voices calling "Mommy" all day, seven people making messes, correction and ministry needing to happen, odd jobs needing to be done and daily chores continuing to pile up it gets crazy. I long for the ability to enjoy the craziness. I also look forward to the days when we can sit at a dinner table and have a pleasant, calm, even deep conversation as a family. I know that I should live in this moment and be thankful for these special days and times and I am but competing stories, repetitious three year old's jokes, complaining about the food and screeching about little offenses gets old. I am looking forward to a different kind of chaos that is coming in the future and hoping that someday we will have dinners like my family sometimes did that ended in side splitting laughter and lasted much longer then it took to eat the food in front of us. Tonight God blessed me with a glimpse of that.

It was a "clean out the fridge" stew and I was nervous but there was low volume as we ate. There were "building up" comments and laughter and by the time we were mostly done I didn't feel the compulsion to get up and clean up and move on to the next thing. There was no complaining, just encouragement that this meal, though different and new, was good and appreciated. The kids were calm and not arguing. They sat and listened and giggled as we told stories of what so and so did when they were a baby or what he did when he was Anna's age. At one point I almost got up to get moving but the Holy Spirit stopped me and the Lord allowed me to look around at His gift, to make note of it and to give Him thanks for it. It didn't have any specific correlation to what I read in the Word today. It wasn't anything because of me, in fact it was another day of freaking out, sinning and repenting for me, but this dinner, this was a blessing from my Lord and it was a good.

Proverbs 3:33 "The Lord's curse is on the house of the wicked, but he blesses the dwelling of the righteous."

1 Corinthians 1:29-31 "So that no human being might boast in the presence of God. And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption, so that, as it is written, “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.”

No comments:

Post a Comment