Sunday, January 25, 2009

What I Learned with a 4th Child

There are a couple of things I expected and a few that were unexpected...indulge me;

Expected---

1. That I would love this baby just as much as the others.
2. That my respect and admiration for Helen would increase as I encouraged her through labor for the first time without any drugs.
3. That I would AGAIN be amazed at the wonder of this event (you just can't believe how stunning it is to push something like that out of your body until you see it happen in real life!).
4. THAT GOD WOULD BLESS US WITH AT LEAST ONE "GEORGIA PEACH" BEFORE WE LEAVE THE STATE!!!


Unexpected---

1. That I would be dog sick with mono, be given a brief reprieve for the time that we were at the birthing center and then lapse back into one of the roughest sicknesses I've had in years.
2. That I would actually be thankful for a baby being a week late---I never wanted to meet one of our kids as much as this one---after all patience IS a virtue eh?
3. That Helen would get scarier with each additional child in the delivery process. No joke--she bruised the nurse's arm!
4. That so many people from a distance (over the internet) and here at home would show such generosity and love for us.
5. The BIG ONE---that me and Betsy would share a birthday (albeit 29 years apart). I love it!!! That's a gift that keeps on giving for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment