Sunday, July 7, 2013

Plot twist

I recently saw this on Pinterest. 


This could be handy for stress.
So here I go: "PLOT TWIST!"

At least that is how I feel. I know that God's Word says...
  •  Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
  • Proverbs 16:09 -  The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.
  •  Romans 8:28-29 - 28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. 29 For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.
  • Psalm 121:3, 7-8 -  He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber.; The Lord will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life. The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in, from this time forth and forevermore.
therefore, I know that my feelings are deceiving me because nothing in my life has gone wrong. It sure feels like a major plot twist and from my perspective here on the ground, it is a plot twist, but from God's sovereign perspective this is what is happening next. The next step in being "conformed to the image of his Son."

Our sojourn in Roanoke, Virginia is coming to an end. We came knowing that this was a temporary situation. I hoped that it would be different and we were able to stay a year longer then originally expected but now we must move on. 

I am sad. This goes without saying. Ministry is relationships and we have made some of the best relationships here. I have enjoyed so many things about living in Roanoke as well. Aside from the humidity, distance from family, and the lack of ability by drivers here to merge onto the highway this has been my favorite place to live. 

I am anxious. There is time to discover what God has next for us but we are still waiting for God to reveal it and there is a lot that needs to happen before we get from here to there. I have never been very good at being patient and I have made minimal improvement as God has grown me. The announcement was made on Sunday June 23 and Tommy left the next day for youth missions camp...all week! I have spent the time since that Sunday trying to keep busy, distracting myself with projects and baking trying not to gain too much weight and trying not to lock myself in the bathroom just to get away from the kids. 

I am tired. Grief and waiting is so tiring. Especially when you are a family of seven trying to figure out what you are feeling and how to handle it. There have been lots of headaches and early nights, praying for the strength and faith to get through this in a way that honors God!

I am excited. God is working and moving and taking us somewhere good. He has a plan and He is working that plan out and that is a good thing. One of the most encouraging things that has been said to me lately was, "somewhere there is someone, a church, praying for you...praying that God would send you." What a great thought! 

I am thankful. God is so good in His sovereignty. The verses that we have been memorizing with the kids these past few weeks are Philippians 4:6-7 "do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." It has been a great whenever someone asks how I am and my answer is "anxious" to have these verses remind me what to do with that anxiousness. I have been in constant prayer because of it. 

 I will keep you updated when there is anything to report. Tommy has sent in his application/resume to 8 different churches in Oregon, California, Colorado, Texas, Hawaii, and BC. Please pray with us that we would be encouraged to persevere as we are still here, patient as we wait for what is to come, and that we would glorify Him through the process. 

 

1 comment: